FanPost

Avery Sprains Knee

NEW YORK (AP)—Sean Avery(notes) has been sidelined by a sprained right knee, an injury sustained in the morning skate before the New York Rangers faced the Detroit Red Wings.

The diagnosis was made during the Rangers’ 4-2 preseason victory over the Red Wings on Monday night. Avery was examined by a second doctor—team physician and orthopedic surgeon Dr. Andrew Feldman—at Madison Square Garden.

<!-- article-left_skinny -->

There is no immediate timetable for the agitating forward’s return.

“I am not sure how long,” Rangers coach John Tortorella said. “It is a sprain so he will be out for a little bit. He will be out for a couple of days.”

Avery was seen by Dr. Anthony Maddalo, a team assistant physician, after he collided knee on knee with fellow Rangers forward Ryan Callahan(notes) on Monday morning.

how long do u guys think hell be out??