FanPost

Is Having Grachev on the Team Worth More Now or Later?

Well guys and gals, i was thinking while listening to banter radio about the questions answered by Dave Maloney

and it hit me on the question of Grachev making the team right out of the gate, when would it be better for a guy like

Grachev to be used: Now or Later? Maloney says later but  tell me what do you guys think?

Keep in mind that we have a stacked lineup, on the top 3 lines and i don't think its worth having him on the 4th line heck I don't even think it's worth having Lisin on the 4th line but he'll end up there anyway. I think its really for the benefit of the team that he plays on the Wolfpack because as Dave put it, they have a good system down there and it will be better for him to get the minutes.

Here's how i see it, why not have Grachev move down, get the time and play out his allowed 9 games with the team in Feb. when a couple of players leave for the Olympics and then moved back (this all barring we are healthy for most of the year). If i had it my way I would take it a step further and have Lisin down there playing with him so they could play together next year for us when that whole Anisimov, Lisin, Grachev (Russian line) can really be a force.

 With that said I hope the lines look like this for the year:

Prospal - Dubinsky - Gaborik

Higgins - Drury - Kotalik

Avery - Anisimov - Callahan

Brashear - Boyle - Voros