I think most of us knew this was coming, but since he is a Blueshirt Banter favorite, it's still a downer:

New York, September 24, 2009 - New York Rangers President and General Manager Glen Sather announced today that the club has assigned defenseman Bobby Sanguinetti to the Hartford Wolf Pack of the American Hockey  League (AHL).  The Rangers now have 23 players remaining in training camp, including two goaltenders, seven defensemen and 14 forwards.  The Blueshirts' return to action tonight when they will host the Washington Capitals at Madison Square Garden (7:00 p.m.), in the final home game of their 2009-10 pre-season schedule.

Bobby Sanguinetti

#54 / Defenseman / New York Rangers

6-3

190

Feb 29, 1988

PLAYERS ASSIGNED TO HARTFORD (AHL) ON 9/24/09:
Defense:           Bobby Sanguinetti

PLAYERS STILL IN NEW YORK RANGERS TRAINING CAMP:

Goal:                 Henrik Lundqvist, Steve Valiquette
Defense:           Michael Del Zotto, Matt Gilroy, Dan Girardi, Wade Redden, Michal Rozsival, Alexei Semenov, Marc Staal
Forwards:         Artem Anisimov, Sean Avery, Brian Boyle, Donald Brashear, Ryan Callahan, Chris Drury, Brandon Dubinsky, Marian Gaborik, Evgeny Grachev, Christopher Higgins, Ales Kotalik, Enver Lisin, Vinny Prospal, Aaron Voros

This leaves the Rangers with 7 defensemen in camp, so unless something changes, it looks as though Gilroy, Del Zotto and Semenov have made the team.