FanPost

Matt Maccarone (among others) cut from Hartford

Maccarone-440-091709_medium

via blogs.msg.com

    This is a damn shame. If I recall, this guy was a cinderella story, coming up from Tulsa of the CHL (a step below ECHL) to be in Rangers training camp, even playing on the Rangers squad in 2 preseason games.

In one scrimmage he scored two goals on Henrik. And he had a devestating moustache. And he was 6'7. And his name was pronounced like the cheesey food. Just seeing him out there with the 'stache made me feel like I was watching 70's era NHL.

Now he's not even good enough for the pack. Not even good enough for the Checkers. A damn shame.

http://www.hartfordwolfpack.com/default.asp?wolfpack=59&objId=410