Rangers News and Notes: Sunday Morning Edition

Here is some reading material while you have your Sunday breakfast:

Good stuff from Andrew Gross this morning, talking about the decisions the Rangers have to make.

Also, he says that Chris Drury and Matt Gilroy will be healthy scratches today. Don't read anything into Gilroy, he has made the team.

Steve Zipay over at Blue Notes talks about the areas John Tortorella will be watching today, and some basic thoughts on today's game.

Jim Cerny at Rangers.com says there is no lack of drama in setting the roster for the opener.

Atlantic Division  team-by-team capsules from Yahoo Sports.

Fox Sports has their Rangers season preview up.

Enjoy the game today everyone. The Giants are not on local TV for me today, so I will be headed out to a fine establishment to enjoy the game and a tankard of their finest lager. Anyway, it will more than likely prevent me from seeing the Rangers game, so you guys are on your own in the open thread, although I suspect Joe will be around.