FanPost

Evgeny Grachev reassigned to Hartford Wolf Pack

Needing to trim the roster down, the New York Rangers next cut was Evgeny Grachev, who no doubt did impress all in camp. He showed tremendous talent every preseason game, and finished his 5 preseason games going 1G 2A - 3 points.

Grachev scored a goal earlier today against the Washington Capitals, but knew his game overall was a disappointment. "The first period for me was the worst period for me, ever.I didn't think I'd get more ice time. I was way too bad in the first," Grachev said.

Evgeny Grachev has a two-way contract, unlike Aaron Voros - which means reassignment if done later on can be done without waivers. This leaves the Rangers with 13 forwards: Marian Gaborik, Brandon Dubinsky, Vinny Prospal, Chris Drury, Christopher Higgins, Ales Kotalik, Enver Lisin, Ryan Callahan, Artem Anisimov, Sean Avery, Donald Brashear, Aaron Voros, and Brian Boyle.

No other cuts today, which means Michael Del Zotto holds on longer.

Story Source - Andrew Gross     Image Source - NHL