Rangers News: Del Zotto officially makes the Rangers

Photo from Getty Images

Stick salute to Steve Zipay for breaking this story over at his blog. Here are some highlights from his story:

 Huge endorsement of defenseman Michael Del Zotto, 19, from coach John Tortorella after practice. "Right now he has made the club. Based on his play, he has made the club." ...Sean Avery didn't even skate on his own today, and Tortorella said---with little conviction---that he could skate tomorrow. But the coach acknowledged that if a player didn't skate three days before a game, it was doubtful that he would dress....Henrik Lundqvist, who will appear on the David Letterman Show with nine other Rangers to read the Top 10 list,  was another topic of dissussion for Tortorella, who said that in order for the goaltender to be fresh as season's end, the organization must reel in some of his media "distractions"....

Okay so no surprises here. I know that alot of people think that Del Zotto should not be here because of his defensive play, but after the game against Washington who could say no. Matched up against the best player in the game (Ovechkin) I thought that Del Zotto did a fantastic job defensively.

Remember that the Rangers have 10 games to give him a look. If he plays more than 10 games he is no longer eligible for the juniors so he would have to stick with the big club. If the Rangers don't like what they see in that time frame then they can send him back with no penalty. So what do you all think? Yay or nay?