FanPost

Rangers really still talking about Heatley?

[Note by Jim Schmiedeberg, 09/03/09 3:34 PM EDT Guys I know we've beaten the Heatley thing to death off and on all summer, but it's a story that just won't go away, and we're inclined to bring it to you, that's why I bumped this to the main page]

Today's ESPN insider rumor mill says:

"The buzz is that the Sharks and Rangers are still interested in Dany Heatley, and the Devils may get in on a three-way deal to help the Sharks get Heatley.

Still, Senators GM Bryan Murray is going to impose a deadline on a trade and is preparing as if Heatley is staying. "I don't want it to be played around all through camp that we're going to continue to try to trade him or whatever it may be. We don't want to (have it hanging over our heads)," he told the Ottawa Citizen." (click link for full story)

Seriously?    How is this still on the radar?     I mean, since I haven't seen it here lately I assume it's a weak buzz at best (BSB breaks stuff much faster than ESPNoHockey), but where there's smoke there's usually Sather's brain working overtime.

Why won't this die?