Rangers News: NY Post: Rangers squeezing Dubinsky

A little Dubinsky update from the NY Post, once you get done listening to Larry Brooks pat himself on the back. (If it was "orginally reported here", doesn't that mean you technically made the story up? Whoever gave you the information is really the one who reported it first, no?)

Anyway, you can read the full story here

Highlights:

First, a correction: Brandon Dubinsky's qualifying offer for the upcoming season is not $698,500 as originally reported here and subsequently repeated by all other news outlets.(see above)

The qualifier, as per Rangers' assistant GM Cam Hope, is a two-way offer of $522,500/$60,000, though the minor league number is essentially meaningless given that Dubinsky would have to pass through waivers in order to get to the AHL.

"We've had a number of positive and amicable discussions with the Rangers and we'll continue to work at it," Kurt Overhardt, Dubinsky's agent, told The Post yesterday. "Neither Brandon nor I have any interest in attempting to negotiate this through the newspaper, so we'll keep the conversations private.

Sounds like its only a matter of time, and I can't fault the Rangers for exercising the leverage they have. It's a business, that's just the way it is.

Make sure you vote in the poll!

By the way, if you don't get that the poll is intended to be tongue-in-cheek, you should be sentenced to one day of watching "The 5 greatest saves of Rick Dipietro's career" on a continuous loop.