Saying goodbye to summer, and hello to hockey

In some ways, the summer has gone very fast, and in others, not fast enough.

I can't wait to have other things to talk about besides Brandon Dubinsky, Dany Heatley, Nikolai Zherdev, and Marian Gaborik's creaky crotch.

I can't wait to talk about who Avery's ticked off, how Chris Higgins is becoming a star, and Lundqvist being the lead candidate for the Vezina.

I can't wait for the daily debate that will take place on Wade Redden, Michal Rozsival, and Chris Drury.

I can't wait to hear the reaction after Donald Brashear busts somebody's jaw for them at the Garden.

I can't wait to see Gabby hang a hat trick on "Fatso" at MSG West The Rock.

I can't wait for the first "Henrik" chant at MSG.

I can't wait for Sam Rosen to say "it's a power play goal!" for the first time, and I pray its not in December.

One more week, I can't wait.

I'll be moonlighting over at Big Blue View today, its final cut day for the Giants and the NFL and I am in charge of the open thread. If anything happens on the Ranger front, we'll have it for you. Feel free to stop by BBV and check in.

Have a safe and enjoyable holiday weekend everyone!

Jim