Rangers news: A few notes from the Rangers on today's Traverse City game

Dale Weise, the prospects team captain, scored the fourth Rangers goal Monday.

I just got the press release from the team on today's game, most of which Joe covered, but here are a few quick notes:

Director of Player Personnel, Gordie Clark, on Chad Johnson:

"He was the Player of the Year in the CCHA (Central Collegiate Hockey Association) last year,
and he showed why. He was absolutely outstanding in goal, and is a big reason why we were
able to go a perfect six-for-six in shorthanded situations."

On Sam Klassen and Tomas Kundratek:

"Two of our goals came from a defenseman - Klassen and Kundratek - and both were solid in
the game on both sides of the puck. Klassenʼs goal came at a key moment in the game for us,
tying the score at one goal apiece, and Kundratekʼs goal was a canon of a shot, one-timed from
the point."

On Dale Weise:

"Dale (Weise) played a solid game, constantly moving his skates and using the body well. He
was rewarded for it by going to the front of the net and tipping in (Daniel) Maggioʼs waist-high
shot."

On Evgeny Grachev:

"Once again, he dominated the game with his size and strength, and was rewarded with a well deserved
goal that demonstrated these attributes."

The New York Rangers prospects return to action on Wednesday, September 9, when they will face-off against the Detroit Red Wings prospects in their final of three First Round contests. The game will begin at 7:00 p.m. on Centre ICE 1 in Traverse City, Michigan.