Rangers News: Comments from Vinny Prospal on reuniting with John Tortorella

via cdn.nhl.com

Big time "stick salute" to John at Raw Charge for sending this to me.

In an article on TampaBay.com, new Ranger Vinny Prospal had this to say about reuniting with his former coach:

"The thing is, the relationship I have with Torts is way beyond coach and player," Prospal said. "I saw him even last year when he didn't have a job and was on TV and we were in contact. we stopped by his place two or three times, and we talked about other stuff than just hockey. The way people see it is because of that incident, what I said after the game against Montreal. people don't realize it has nothing to do with the relationship between us. That was always about hockey. For some reason, Torts has some kind of power or vision of how to make me play better, and it works."

More Prospal on Torts: "He's got a game face on nine months out of the year. There's nothing else for him but the game of hockey. People don't realize when hockey is over, he's a totally different person."

Like I've said before, Prospal feels like he has something to prove to the Lightning, and thinks Tortorella is the man to best help him do it. I expect big things from Prospal this year, and if the Prospal can find his scoring touch from 2007-08, the Rangers have the steal of free agency.