Rangers Analysis: What would you give for Ilya Kovalchuk?

Ok so our friend Matthew Gunning over at Bird Watchers Anonymous is doing a story on Ilya Kovalchuk. Since Kovalchuck might get traded before the end of the season he wants to see what every NHL team would give up in order to get him. So every SBNation site is putting together a deal. I wanted to get your thoughts before Jim or I give an "official offer" on behalf of Blueshirt Banter, but before I open the floor there are a few rules.

Here is what Matt says Atlanta will offer:

I'm offering 1) only Kovalchuk, 2) for extend of current contract and 3) first right to extend him before July 1st UFA kicks in. That's it, no "sign and trade" offers please!

Here is what Matt says that Atlanta needs:

GM will want a roster player and a quality prospect(s) and conditional 1st rounders if Kovalchuk re-signs with your club.
No goalies needed (team has three already)
Not looking for over 33 guys or bloated contracts (sorry no Campbell or Huet)

And just remember that Kovalchk has a 6.389 cap hit so remember that when working things out. For the sake of this activity I will allow you to drop ONE of either Michael Rozsival or Wade Redden into the minors. No other trades are allowed.

The deadline to submit an offer is this Wednesday at midnight so have your offers in by then. Either Jim or I will announce our final offer at that time.

So go ahead, make your pick!