FanPost

Buccigross' Kovalchuk Proposal

John Buccigross over at ESPN has a column up listing Kovalchuk trade proposals for all teams.  His Rangers proposal is as follows:

New York Rangers
Proposed trade: Kovalchuk and Kubina for Christopher Higgins, Ales Kotalik, Evgeny Grachev and Michal Rozsival.

I'm trying to see how the Rangers could possibly fit Kovalchuk in their salary cap next season. Kubina's $5 million deal ends after this season, so that clears up $5 million there. Rozsival is also a $5 million player, but he has two more years left. To get Kovalchuk this season, the Rangers would have to trade some salary here and maybe in another deal. Grachev turns 20 in February and is playing in the AHL.

Whole Article is here:  http://espn.go.com/nhl/notebook/_/page/buccigross_100112/ilya-kovalchuk-trade-talk-29-proposals-atlanta

Oh man, I love this proposal, if we could sign Kolvy after the season, which would probably mean waiving Redden.  But, I doubt the Thrashers would do it.  I can dream though.