FanPost

Interesting Idea

We all know of Chris Drury's struggles this season and one thing I could think of to help remedy this and maybe send a "message" to this team would be to strip him of his captaincy...one prime example of this helping is Patrick Marleau in San Jose, once he lost the "C" his game really picked up...as for naming a captain I would give it to Callahan, yes he might not be the most offensively productive player but his style of play should be the model for every player on this team...and isn't the role of a captain to be the leader on and off the ice...players could also see it as a message, that this team could finally be settling on a youth movement and to those over priced vets its either put up or shut up time...I'd like to hear what you guys think about this

SB Nation Featured Video