FanPost

Rangers have more fight at the Bus Stop than the ice

I posted this at the Recap thread as a comment, but maybe this might get it seen.

Rangers have more fight at the Bus Stop than on the Ice...

It’s sad that anybody making the sums these players make can get away with the attitude these Rangers have shown. I work a lousy dead end job, but if I dog it, mis-handle things, or get caught blogging about hockey, I get s***-canned.

Sad that they don’t seem to even have the wherewithal to go out and skate like they mean it. Nobody crucifies you for leaving it all out on the ice, even if the breaks don’t go your way. But Dubinsky dumped a puck in, then wheeled away to the bench and the puck ended up wide open in the high slot, right where he would have been if he zigged instead of zagged…I know you’re gassed, but maybe you can pretend for a minute that you’re a young man getting payed 7 figures to PLAY a GAME. I get 5 figures to work my tail off and still come in with my best foot forward.

Few interesting thoughts though. I beleive Larry Brooks makes a good point about as often as the rangers actually show up to play for a game…its a match made in heaven. However, his article today did have one Morsel of truth in it.

Brooks: It is, of course, absurd to replace the King’s crown with goat horns, but if Lundqvist is not at the apex of his game, the Rangers have little chance to win.
That’s the burden he carries playing behind a team that is 2-19-2 when allowing more than two goals.

Thats a disgusting statistic. Scoring more than 2 goals, in today’s or any day’s NHL, is not as hard as the Rangers make it seem. Its not soccer folks.

Also, a fan below that article posted this little anecdote. You may brush it off as ludacris (in addition to potentailly being libel)…but here goes.

NYPOST Comments:
Betts obviously got on Sathers bad side when he was here. Probably mooched on a bet or something much worse like stole Sathers cigar stash. He prob owed Sather money and wasn’t paying.
In response, I believe Brashear was hired by Sather to perform a “hit” on Betts last season. Brashear collected his payment for his services this season. Sather mafia. How else can you explain giving Brashear 2 mil?

Maybe “Don Dolan” should move the team to Vegas like the Corleone’s did…