FanPost

What to do with our Ace Pitcher???

Anyone who watched the game last night will agree, that we looked good up the middle. The centers on all 3 lines contributed on the scoresheet. I can't remember the last time that happened for our squad. We scored lots of goals on one of the best goaltenders in the league. Usually we can't on AVERAGE goaltender, so to see 5 on Miller was exciting. We did it all without our injured captian. We also have heard nothing but good things all week about team chemistry despite missing "out leader". If you put the homerism aside, It's pretty obvious, Drury is the new Redden. Unfortunatly, we can't hide him in the minors with Wade because of his NMC. However, we can ask him to take a voluntary 2 week conditioning assignment in Hartford. With the way we're playing, I think this is the best move. If he says no, he looks like an ass, and it makes it easier to chase him outta town. If he says yes, it gives our guys 2 more weeks to prove winning a LLWS is worthless in the NHL, and legitimizes him sitting in the pressbox until he retires, or his contract is up.