FanPost

White and Christensen Replace Injured Gaborik and Drury

     Well, we have the answer to who will be replacing Marian Gaborik and Chris Drury while they are out with injuries suffered during the Rangers 4-3 OT loss against the Toronto Maple Leafs on Friday. Gaborik is out for 2-4 weeks with a separated shoulder and will undergo Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) treatment to help heal the injury in the shoulder. Chris Drury is likely out 6 weeks with a new break to the same finger that sidelined him for the start of the season. Todd White will see his first action as a New York Ranger and Erik Christensen will return to action after missing a game with a groin injury he received against the New York Islanders. Todd White has been a healthy scratch to start the season while Erik Christensen has registered a goal in 2 games played. The Rangers next opponent is the Colorado Avalanche on Monday. Colorado lost to the New York Islanders in a 5-2 game on Saturday. Let's hope the Blueshirts can keep a solid Avalanche team on a losing skid as a first line center returns and a new face joins the fray for the Rangers. Secondary scoring has not been a problem for the Rangers this season, but now they have to depend on it with their leading goal scorer out for at least 2 weeks. Let's Go Rangers.

Article:

http://rangers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=540755&navid=DL|NYR|hom