FanPost

Something for the Dolans to consider

This isn't so much a hockey post as it is a post aimed more at ownership.

Every spring since the dawn of time the circus comes to Madison Square Garden, and back in the old days that used to mean 'home' playoff games in Toronto because the circus apparently brought in more money (in the days before spiking ticket sales meant greater revenue).

All that changed when Emile Francis was offered the chance to take over the team, and did so only with the assurance that the team would be able to play home playoff games at MSG. Luckily for us, ownership agreed....otherwise who knows what might've happened and where the franchise would be now (metaphorically, not geographically).

Anyways....

As an self-avowed animal lover, I've never been a big fan of the circus. I don't like the stories that have historically been attached to circuses involving abuse of the animals, and as a kid I always hated those field trips to see the circus, the flashing lights be damned.

But now, there have been pictures posted showing how baby elephants are 'trained' to do all those tricks, and it involved what essentially boils down to torture.

This link details, with photos, some of the tortures being heaped on the elephants. I can't imagine the bears or tigers fare much better.

So what's the point here, you may be asking?

Ideally, I'd like to see the Dolans shut out Ringling Brothers from performing at the Garden, now and forever, but that would involve some serious moxie, and I'm reasonably certain they'll never do that because as long as there's money coming in they'll look the other way.

I don't know, this just really pisses me off. I really wish there was an ownership in place that had guts and integrity....but I guess I'm just too much of an idealist. A good owner would've fired Sather years ago, never mind allowing animal torture to go on in the name of profits.

As long as li'l Jimmy can keep strumming his instrument out on the island with his bought & paid for band, nothing will ever change at the Garden, and that just really depresses me.....on both a hockey and personal level.