FanPost

Evgeny Grachev

Why does everyone get so damn defensive whenever discussing Grachev?
No one said grachev was a bust but he certainly has not been what he was built up to be.  I know he is only 20, but i remember last training camp some said keep him in the NHL while others said let him "dominate" with Hartford.  Pretty sure we all expected better.  Also, as Ranger fans in a supposed rebuilding year why wouldnt we be analyzing our prospects performances?  Look, clearly he can definitely still succeed in the NHL but regardless, thus far, he has definitely been a dissapointment.  Joe, Jim, and many others love to minimize it, but performance is important, and since signing with the Rangers he clearly has not performed up to expectations.

Thoughts?