FanPost

Worst case scenario

Bit of a disclaimer before I delve into what I think might black list me: I'm a huge Henrik fan and this post is just a "what if" scenario that I think fans are either unwilling to think about or just down right afraid of.

We all know that the Rangers have definitely been blessed with Henrik and his all world performance but how long will it last?

Playing goal in the NHL is a job that is definitely hazardous to your health and it seems that its unavoidable: if you play goal you're bound to get hurt and I'm not talking about the usual day to day dings and dents but I mean long term injuries that fortunately the Rangers haven't had to deal with that with the King

But what if they do this season? Let's say the Rangers are in the middle of their annual December/January offensive sabbatical and Henrik comes up a bit lame after a big spread eagle save and we find out that he has a bad hamstring pull or in his groin

My question is can the Rangers survive this with Marty Biron? As a starter Marty has established himself as the best backup goalie in the game and we know that CJ is good but he's not quite ready yet.

The importance of the backup goalie isn't just to give your starter a break but he has to be able to carry a team if the starter goes down so...can Marty do that for the Rangers this year?