FanPost

Another Day, Another Line Combination: Will It Unlock Goals?

According to the Rangers twitter feed we have a new set of line contestants in attempting to find the right price for offense with Gaborik, Prospal and Drury on the shelf.

Brandon Dubinsky-Artem Anisimov-Ryan Callahan
Sean Avery-Derek Stepan-Ruslan Fedotenko
Alex Frolov-Erik Christensen-Brandon Prust
Derek Boogaard-Todd White-Brian Boyle

I am happy that they put the Stepan line back together and left the Dubi-AA-Cally line in tact as it gives them two lines that have had varying degrees of success in the early season.  I wish they would have done the same with the 4th line and then just threw the other 3 together to see what clicked, especially since Tortorella in his coach speak yesterday talked about how important it was to get Christensen and White going.  Having White on the 4th line is not going to do that.  This could also be a partial reaction to being demolished on face-offs the other night as White has a better history than Boyle, but I don’t expect too many even strength 4th line faceoffs.

Now the interesting news will what the D pairs are going to be as I believe Sauer deserves to get back in the lineup.

Update:

AGrossRecord Mike Sauer in on defense tomorrow for #NYRangers. Either Matt Gilroy or Steve Eminger will be out.

SB Nation Featured Video