Rangers News and Notes: Torts not happy with roster, Biron to start tonight

NEW YORK - OCTOBER 15: Derek Boogaard #94 of the New York Rangers in action against the Toronto Maple Leafs during their game on October 15 2010 at Madison Square Garden in New York City. (Photo by Al Bello/Getty Images)

In the Daily News this morning, Jesse Spector talks about how John Tortorella and Glen Sather may not be seeing eye-to-eye on the Rangers current roster:

John Tortorella has been diplomatic about it, but it appears from his recent comments that at the very least there's a difference of opinion between the Rangers coach and GM Glen Sather over the composition of the roster.

Tortorella hasn't openly questioned his boss. However, with measured responses to questions about roster moves, the coach is getting his message across.

We talked about this last year, remember when Tortorella commented on the Rangers backup goaltending situation as a "mess"? It sounded like a thinly veiled message to the front office that they dropped the puck on that one. If there is a disconnect between the coach and the GM here, this could get messy. Unfortunately, if the two butt heads in a power struggle, I think you know who will be lighting the victory cigar. That sound you heard was me dropping a big hint.

Also, Martin Biron will make his Ranger debut this evening in Toronto. With back to back games this weekend, that means Biron will either play again this weekend, or Hank will go both nights, which to me would be an odd decision for a guy coming back from a knee injury, and who for my money still doesn't look completely recovered from it.

Also in the Biron link, Jesse talks about possible fireworks tonight between Derek Boogaard and Colton Orr.

Rangers will wear their home blues tonight in Toronto, they have yet to win a game in them.

From Ranger Rants, Steve Eminger out, Michael Sauer in:

Other than Marty Biron, the other lineup switch is that Mike Sauer will be in for Steve Eminger (his first healthy scratch of the season). Matt Gilroy will be paired with Sauer and play on the left side, his off side.