FanPost

Just wanted to say thanks...

Greetings fellow Banter boys and girls......

Today I had the occasion to be in a car for two hours without my iPod, and so I flipped on WFAN to catch the end of Boomer and Carton and a little bit of Joe and Evan's show.  I watch the NHL Network every day, particularly NHL Live.

It once again occurred to me how little coverage our Blueshirts actually receive, and therefore, how valuable this site is.  I just want to thank Joe Fortunato, Jim Schmeideberg (spelling?) and whoever else either runs or majorly contributes to it.  It is the single most valuable source of information on the New York Rangers and I look at it more than I do any other site (including porn sites lol).

I know I don't post too much, but I read it all, and I have been humbled, because I thought I was extremely knowledgable about hockey - some of you on here blow me away with your expertise.

It does irk me, however, how the NHL Network does its best to avoid talking about or hyping the Rangers.  You get the sense that no one likes the Rangers in the NHL.  Whether it was their free spending salary drive-ups in the 90's and 00's (read: Joe Sakic offer sheet), or what I don't know, but it aggravates the hell out of me.  The Rangers are finally doing things right and they put out an exciting product on the ice.  I know we have the Antichrist in #16 (and by the way if he gets high sticked in the face without a call one more time I'm gonna drop kick my Vizio out the living room window)....its high time the NHL recognizes and accepts the Ranges instead of ignoring them.

I have spoken.