Evgeny Grachev Called Up

As per Steve Zipay the Rangers will call up highly touted prospect Evgeny Grachev to replace the injured Derek Boogaard. Boogaard cut his hand during his fight with Shawn Thornton, and his hand is now infected. He will unlikely be able to go tomorrow or Saturday. Grachev, still just 20 years old, has a goal and an assist in nine games with Hartford/Connecticut this season. His offensive numbers are not impressive, but his overall play has been much better than last season, which is the main reason why he has been called up.

In other injury-related news, Zipay is confirming that Artem Anisimov (ankle) and Michal Rozsival (knee), who both missed practice today, will not be out of the lineup this weekend. Both injuries are minor, with no lingering affects.