FanPost

Dear Smurf and Snif

I came across an interesting article on prohockeytalk.com written by James O'Brien http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2010/10/29/the-dustin-byfuglien-experiment-is-working-well-so-far-for-the-atlanta-thrashers/

Heres is a little blurb: "Whether you judge him as a defenseman with a hellacious slapper or a gigantic winger whose big body can block the vision of even the largest goalies, he’s been outstanding in 2010-11. Byfuglien scored four goals and five assists for nine points in 10 games this season"

Just wanted to post this after our animated discussions this offseason after the trade when i was convinced it's possible that a player can brake out and something can click for that player, while confidence also plays a major role.  You decided the stats in the past must also represent the future stats.  Of course the season has just begun, but considering you didnt think he had a shot at 40 points i thought his hot start might be of interest ---- and remember, hes doing this from defense, i was assuming hed be a forward....