FanPost

Rangers News: Kennedy and White Clear Waivers

In a surprise to no one Todd White cleared waivers and now the Rangers can either send him to Hartford or keep him here for up to 30 days which I suspect they will keep him here until Drury is healthy again or a vet they want hits the waiver wire before today's 3pm get under the cap deadline.  As far as Kennedy is concerned with his low cap hit and potential upside his waiver status was much less certain than white with the assumption being that he would be claimed by someone if for no other reason than it is a very low risk gamble.  Surprisingly to me he cleared as well, so now if the Rangers want he can go to Hartford to play with the youngsters or keep him here for the 30 days as well.  Could be interesting having him play with Grachev and MZA on a line for the WhalePack.

In the larger sense the day isnt over as i mentioned the 3pm cap deadline so teams around the league will still be making moves by then, but seems more likely trades would be the order of the day.  Teams currently projected close to or over the cap are: Vancouver, Boston, NJ, Calgary, Minnesota, Tor, Chicago.  Vancouver (Salo), Boston (Savard), NJ (Salvador) are all going to get some relief from those players injuries.

Have at it.

Bob McKenzie: All players who were on waivers yesterday have cleared. Toronto puts Lashoff on waivers; Fla puts Paetsch on waivers. That is all. Quiet day

According the Rangers beat crew Prospal and Dru officially on IR so down to 23, means Dru out at least 1st 3 games.