FanPost

Rangers Season Preview with Beat Reporter Jesse Spector

The 100% commercial-free, no one makes a dime from it, Long Island Sports Talk radio show did a Rangers Season Preview with Daily News Rangers beat reporter Jesse Spector the other night.

It's definitely worth checking out.  You can find it at http://sportstalk903.libsyn.com
The interview is 31+ commercial-free minutes of nothing but Rangers talk in MP3 format.

Here is a chronological rundown of the topics discussed:

(I won't write out every player that Jesse mentioned, just the main discussion points)

--How the team is shaping up/its vibe (Jesse compares them to the ‘84/’85 Mets)
--Chris Drury
--Vinny Prospal
--Derek Stepan
--Ruslan Fedotenko
--Putting Kennedy and White on Waivers
--The Defense
--What happens when the Injured Guys come back?
--The Salary Cap
--Wade Redden
--Could the Rangers have been players in the Kovalchuk sweepstakes?
--The goaltending situation
--John Tortorella’s Future
--Glen Sather’s Future
--A discussion of the Prospects