Dubinksy and Lundqvist Lead Rangers to 3-2 Win Over Chicago

NEW YORK - NOVEMBER 01: (L-R) Brandon Dubinsky #17 and Ryan Callahan #24 of the New York Rangers celebrate Dubinsky's second goal of the game at 55 seconds of the third period against the Chicago Blackhawks at Madison Square Garden on November 1 2010 in New York City. The Rangers defeated the Blackhawks 3-2. (Photo by Bruce Bennett/Getty Images)

So we're the Stanley Cup Champs now, right? That's how this works?

Just twenty-eight seconds after Patrick "Cash Cab" Kane tied the game for Chicago, Erik Christensen put the Rangers back on top, and Henrik Lundqvist made it stand up and the Blueshirts sent ‘em home happy with a spirited 3-2 win over the Blackhawks tonight at Madison Square Garden.

The Rangers gave their star goaltender a rest tonight, Lundqvist only had to make thirty three saves in the game after making thirty six the other night in shutting out the Leafs. Hank has now won four out of his last five.

Brandon Dubinsky was all over the ice tonight, scoring his sixth and seventh of the year, with assists on both goals from Ryan Callahan and Artem Anisimov.

All in all a terrific win for the Rangers, who will face the red-hot Flyers on Thursday night in Philadelphia at the Core States Center First Union Center Wachovia Center Rocky Balboa Memorial Coliseum Wells Fargo Center.

Final Thoughts:

  • Hank. Magnificient. He no longer "doesn't look right", so I won't say it anymore.
  • Although they don't generate a ton of offense, it seems to me like every time the Avery-Boyle-Fedetenko line hits the ice, they change the flow of the game in the Rangers favor. To use a few hockey clichés, they are a "hard-working" "high-energy" line.
  • Clalicata17 said in the game thread tonight that the Rangers are finally a team, and I couldn't agree more.
  • I like the fight in this team, and I like the effort they are putting out every night. A young team needs to learn how to win, how to do the little things it takes night in and night out to win in the NHL. I think this team is getting there. Long, long way to go, but it has to start somewhere.

Finally, here is a video of the game-winning goal by Erik Christensen

Blackhawks vs Rangers recap

Blackhawks vs Rangers coverage

Second City Hockey