Opening the thread a little early, here are some news and notes for tonight's game:
First and foremost, to anyone out there who has served in the military, you have our utmost appreciation and thanks. If not for you defending our freedom, places like Blueshirt Banter might not exist for the Rangers to hate. You men and women are the true heroes, not hockey players.
- Welcome back, Mr. Gaborik, you've got some catching up to do.
- Havent seen the starting lineups for tonight as of yet, I wonder if Derek Boogaard will be in the lineup to keep his scoring streak alive.
- Is this Matt Gilroy's last chance? Maybe, maybe not, but he is certainly running out of opportunities, especially with Michael Sauer's game steadily improving, and Steve Eminger playing well enough to stay in the lineup. From what I saw yesterday, Gilroy will be paired with Sauer tonight, and I have a hunch Matt is going to turn the corner. As always, if I am wrong, this post will be stricken from the record.
- Michal Rozsival expected to miss seven to ten days, which means four to six games. Rozy will always have his supporters and detractors, and its going to be interesting to see how the Rangers perform without him.
- Game Sixteen.....Nope, still don't miss Wade Redden.
- The Rangers will unveil (sort of, since as far as we can tell Sean Avery let the jersey out of the bag a month ago) their new "Heritage Jersey" tomorrow, with events planned all weekend. If anyone happens to be attending, be sure and take lots of pictures, and email them to me at email@example.com, and we will post them on the site. By the way, mention Blueshirt Banter at any of these events, and I'm sure the Rangers will give you special access in the alley of your choice.
- Remember when I told you guys Tuesday night that sinus infections suck? Pink eye sucks more, came down with it in both eyes last night, and had to go to the ER after our radio show. But, like I said last night, ya gotta play hurt, so I'll be around in the game thread tonight, and John has the recap.
Onto the game:
Shuffle off to Buffalo: Die By the Blade