FanPost

VOTE FOR DUBI! NHL ALL STAR VOTING IS HAPPENING NOW

The NHL opened up ALL STAR voting this morning at midnight. For those of you unfamiliar with the fan voting process, here's the blurb from the NHL.

Through Jan. 3, NHL fans will be able to select up to six players by position - three forwards, two defensemen and one goaltender – without regard to the Conference in which their teams play for in the 2011 NHL All-Star Game presented by Discover in Raleigh, N.C. As part of a new format for the 2011 NHL All-Star Game presented by Discover, the three forwards, two defensemen and goalie with the most votes will be named first NHL All-Stars.

Three Rangers  (Gaborik, Staal and Lundqvist) are on the NHL's published ballot of 98 players and Sydney Crosby. However, you can very easily WRITE IN any player you want by scrolling to the bottom of each section (Forwards, Defensemen and Goalies) and typing the players name that you want into the form. It's great, they have auto-fill, so the players can't be cost votes do to a typo, and once you add them, they're VOTE button pops up at the bottom of the ballot in their position.

The 98 players and Crosby who the NHL chose to put on the offical ballot, were chosen rather arbitrarily, so a player like Dubi, who has made great strides in their game since last season, was not considered for the official ballot. I think most of us can agree that Dubi deserves some recognition for what he's done with his game, and while it might be impossible to get him enough votes to surpass the likes of Alex Ovechekin for one of the 3 forwards spots available LEAGUE WIDE, I think The Banter CAN put together enough votes to make some noise, and show Dubi we appreciate what he's been doing for us. For a guy like Dubi, who seems to feed of the Garden enegery, I think a nice internet All -Star campaign could be a great show off appreciation, and hopefully will draw the attention of the League when they vote on who will fill the other All Star positions.

The ballot is online at http://vote.nhl.com/ . You can vote up to 30 times a day, so if you're hanging out, trolling the boards here, it shouldn't be hard to get your votes in on another window.

Thank You

Dubi' 2011 - For A Better Tomorrow!