FanPost

Clowns in the Booth!

Did anybody hear the Pittsburgh announcers rant about Avery last night? I would NEVER have listened to those clowns, but I was away and could only get the home team's feed on my computer. Anyway, they went on about how Avery is by far the dirtiest and most shameful player in the NHL, and said that he would literally "rip the stitches" out of an opponents face for kicks. I can't believe some of these guys (Boston, Washington, and Buffalo also come to mind); there was absolutely no fairness in discussing any of the non-penalties against Pittsburgh - they would harp on and on about how Lundqvist should've gotten an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty for going after Crosby in the third.

As far as I'm concerned, Pittsburgh fans and announcers do not get to complain about Sean Avery as long as that criminal Matt Cooke is on the roster. Rant over.