Rangers Win on Home Ice, and the Sky Is Falling

In case you haven't heard, tonight's game between the Knicks and Magic has been cancelled because of asbestos that fell at Madison Square Garden during a routine cleaning.

From the NY Times:

The issue arose while the ceiling was being cleaned overnight. Officials said that the game was being postponed "out of an abundance of caution" and that the Garden would not open until city inspectors and independent experts determined it was safe.

And the official statement from The Kremlin:

"Following last night’s Rangers game, during overnight maintenance of Madison Square Garden, which included cleaning asbestos-related materials in the attic above the ceiling, some debris fell into the arena,"

The gang over at Knicks blog Posting and Toasting are blaming the Rangers.

Rangers don't have a home game (not counting Friday night in Newark of course) until Sunday against JD's Blues, so hopefully this can be fixed before then.

If not, they might want to fire up the old ice machine at the Izod Center at the Meadowlands. I would say the Rangers could play at the Pebble in Newark, but I would hate to see a true Ranger home game played over the Devils logo at center ice.

Anyway, all just speculation at this point, but that's the latest.