Pittsburgh Penguins at New York Rangers: Open Game Thread

PITTSBURGH - NOVEMBER 15: Ryan Callahan #24 of the New York Rangers celebrates his game-winning overtime goal against the Pittsburgh Penguins at Consol Energy Center on November 15 2010 in Pittsburgh Pennsylvania. The Rangers defeated the Penguins 3-2 in overtime. (Photo by Justin K. Aller/Getty Images)

Penguins vs Rangers coverage

TSN Preview: Penguins vs Rangers preview

Opponent Blog: PensBurgh

The New York Rangers will have their hands filled tonight when they host the fourth place Pittsburgh Penguins at Madison Square Garden. The Pens are currently on a six game winning streak and have posted an 8-1-1 record in their last ten games. If that's not good enough for you, they also have only three regulation losses in twelve away games this season. The Rangers, who are the sixth place team in the Eastern Conference, will not get by playing mediocre hockey like they have done in their past two wins. This is going to take a strong effort from all areas of the lineup to overcome a dynamite Penguins team.

Two weeks ago the Blueshirts were able to defeat Pittsburgh at the Consol Energy Center when they made a late comeback in the third period and eventually won in overtime. Resiliency and hard work paid off that night and the Rangers should look back to that game to remind themselves of what it takes to come out on top of Sidney Crosby and the Penguins.