FanPost

Henrik Lundqvist dizzied after being hit by puck in practice

[Note by Jim Schmiedeberg, 11/03/10 1:20 PM EDT Breaking News from the UK Desk of Blueshirt Banter, we take you live to Blueshirt Banter BBC.....]

Henrik in practice took a puck to the neck. Brian Boyle made the shot. It went between the mask and neck guard. No word on how fast the puck was going. But reports are that he is now OK after receiving treatment from training staff.

 He took the shot in the neck, felt dizzy and couldn't breath at first. It was quite a shocking spectacle as Henrik Lundqvist fell face first into the crease, moaned with pain and then skated off, leaving his stick, with Boyle in pursuit. I hope to god he's ok and continues to be ok.

@stevezipay Lundqvist, with red welt on neck, says puck caught him between mask and throat pad. Expects stiffness to go away in few hours

@agrossrecord Lundqvist says it took him a couple of minutes to regain breath. He's been icing his neck. Turned his head from shot, exposed neck.

@AGrossRecord Lundqvist went off ice so quickly he left his stick behind. Boyle still looks shaken.

@stevezipay Tortorella says he didn't see shot drill Lundqvist, but knew he was OK "when he started throwing sticks around."