Rangers News: Grachev back to the Whalepack, Gaborik cleared for contact

NEW YORK - NOVEMBER 07: Michal Rozsival #33 of the New York Rangers battles TJ Oshie #74 of the St. Louis Blues during their game on November 7 2010 at Madison Square Garden in New York City New York. (Photo by Al Bello/Getty Images)

As expected, Evgeny Grachev was sent back to Hartford this morning. Andrew Gross has the story:

John Tortorella said before last night’s game he needed to see a reason to keep Evgeny Grachev in the lineup at the expense of Todd White and Grachev did not do anything to justify his roster spot, as he was scoreless and a minus-1 in limited ice time. So Grachev gets sent back down to Hartford (AHL). Perhaps the Rangers will consider bringing up Mats Zuccarello after he recorded a hat trick last night for the Wolf Pack. Grachev played six straight games for the Rangers and was scoreless with just three shots.

With the offense struggling, I can't see the harm in giving "The Frodo from Modo" a look-see.

Also in that story, Gross mentions that Marian Gaborik has been cleared for contact, and was on the ice today taking part in the line drills.

A few looks around the network:

Pension Plan Puppets measures the impact of special teams.

Over at Lighthouse Hockey, Dominik talks about the rumors that head coach Scott Gordon is on the hot seat. All I can say is, if its a seat at the Nassau Coliseum, chances are its busted anyway.

Winging It In Motown is glad the Red Wings have returned from their road trip.

I love this: Andy at Die By the Blade compares his Sabres to the Indians in the movie "Major League". I can definitely picture Lindy Ruff taking a leak on someone's contract.