NEW YORK - NOVEMBER 09: Henrik Lundqvist #30 of the New York Rangers saves the shot of DJ King #17 of the Washington Capitals at Madison Square Garden on November 9 2010 in New York City. (Photo by Nick Laham/Getty Images)
It seems terribly unfair that the Rangers lose on a night when Derek Boogaard scores his first goal since before the invention of Twitter, but if you are a Rangers fan, you know full well that life isn't always fair.
Boyle got the Rangers on the board early, but every time the Rangers took the lead, the Caps had an answer, but eventually the Caps had all the answers, and the Rangers just had questions.
The Rangers will take another shot at winning on home ice when they take on the Buffalo Sabres on Thursday night at MSG.
- It seems redundant and sour to always complain about the officiating, but it was pretty bad in this game. The goal that Ruslan Fedetenko had waved off should have counted.
- The Rangers have got to stop just dumping the puck when they have the goaltender pulled, or at least do it when you have somebody headed for it. Too many times the last two games they've dumped the puck, had no one in the zone, and it led to an easy clear for the defense.
- All in all I can't really complain too much about the way the Rangers played. Couple of errors here and there, the Caps just have too much firepower to keep up with.
- Sinus infections suck, just sayin.
More after the jump.........
Couple of Banter-related notes:
- If you haven't already, make sure you join the Blueshirt Banter Facebook Page. If we get 750 likes by the end of the year, I will send a lucky liker a free Blueshirt Banter T-shirt.
- Remember the Blueshirt Banter Store is up and running, and we are still taking suggestions for new gear. We will be choosing a few winners to put in the store, and the winners will also receive a Banter T-shirt. All orders include shipping, so with the holidays on the way, be sure and pick up your Banter gear.
- Follow my stupidity on Twitter @blueshirtbanter
- Blueshirt Banter Radio Wednesday Night at 8 PM!
Just to prove that Derek Boogaard really did score a goal, here is the video from NHL.com