FanPost

Offense on the Cheap

I think we can all agree that we could use another scorer. The problem these days is that we can't possibly make a consoderable pick up without the talk of Cally, Dubi or AA going the other way. The Rangers can't afford to make any move with those guys involved. It seems each of the last 3 seasons the Rangers have gambled on a Russian player that was talented but never really came through. These players were all but given up upon by their former teams....Zherdev, Lisin and now Frolov. I'm pretty sure if Zherdev and Lisin played a bit more they would have performed a little better and at least on par with the ither struggling Rangers in the system at the time. i noticed today that Columbus demoted Filatov to the AHL. I think they've had it with him. I would not mind seeing him here as a project. I think he is more skilled than Grachev and certainly no worse. My trade proposal.........Gilroy for Filatov. I think we could substitute any number of players but I think Gilroy works out best. I'd love to send Rozi that way and in all seriousness, he might actually work for Columbus as a solid Vet. It would be great to shed that cap hit. I'm still bitter over the Tyutin trade. I think Filitov's value has decreased considerably. There's no guarantee he does anything but I'd take the chance on him. At the very least, he is young enough to go play in our system and become another young player that could really help us out in the next season or two.