Kennedy Given Permission To Seek Trade

As per Andy Strickland, Connecticut Whale forward Tim Kennedy has been granted permission by GM Glen Sather to seek a trade. Kennedy was signed by the Rangers in the offseason as a low risk player to maybe fill out the roster. However, Kennedy was outplayed by both Derek Stepan and Ruslan Fedotenko, thus he was sent to the minors to play out the year. He has been less than stellar in Hartford, with just three goals on the year. He does however have 12 assists.

The general "outrage" (Side note: Really? Outrage? Buffalo clearly didn’t want him. He didn’t make the Rangers, and he’s been pretty average in the AHL. Let it go folks.) is that Todd White was "given" a roster spot over Kennedy when the time came to make a roster decision. The truth is that neither Kennedy nor White deserve a roster spot on the Rangers. The general feeling was that since Kennedy is so young, he should be getting regular playing time, while the 35 year old White is best served in the spare forward role. White will be sent to Hartford once Chris Drury returns from injury.