FanPost

Shelley probably suspended Semin loses his lunch money

In unrelated news to the rangers two dangerous plays occured yesterday. One was by Jody Shelley the other by Ovechkins shadow aka Mr. Bitch Slaps in fight aka Alexander Semin. The two were different plays but I consider both extremely dangerous. Shelley boarded the Bruins defenseman Adam Mcquaid and Semin cross checked to the back of the head the Avalanches defenseman Liles. Shelley will be having a disciplinary meeting with the nhl and an almost guranteed suspension. Semin on the other hand  will be getting the "worse" punishment with the fine. Semin will take this fine extremly hard considering he is only making 4.6 million this year. Shellys is clearly the worst penalty and im not saying Semin deserves to be suspended but players with more skill than alot of the other nhl players are surely getting away with less than a slap on the wrist. IMO that makes them not change the way they play. Punishment is supposed to defer a person from committing the same mistake / murder attempt with a hockey stick again. However with these silly punishments they laugh it off and I am sure that many stars will continue to make these plays unless some changes (punishment) is handed out.

Also did anyone see what Guerin said about how Crosby doesn't get favoritism but could easily have penalties called on the opposing team every shift he is on the ice. It was either in between periods or on the post game. I mean come on Guerin like you need to hop off Crosbys "hockey stick."

Shelleys video:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGfiSjuZU5Q

Semins Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKnjiF21vKI