FanPost

Whale beats Phantoms - Weise on the way to NYC?

Just back from the Connecticut Whale's win over the Adirondack Phantoms. The team looked OK, but none of the prospects looked heads and tails above the rest - the way Artie did in '08 - '09. We still don't seem to be trying to get the guys to play the way Torts wants the Rangers to play, which was a bit disapointing. I think that if we're going to try to use our own talent, we need to get them all on the same page. Redden still looked like the best defenseman, and Newberry's line seems to be the one they look to when they want to score.

Our seats were just above the glass, behind the teams bench so we got to interact with the guys a bit. We shit down a few hecklers for them, and they seemed to appreciate it. When they came out after the second intermission, we joked with them that the right shots should be on their game, since we saw Cally just went down with a broken hand. The guys seemed to already know, and most of them looked at Dale Weise, so if he gets called up, don't be suprised.