FanPost

24/7 HBO Recap (if you plan on seeing it do not read)

Tonight was an awesome night for hockey as I got to see a great game with the Rangers obviously. Christensen has some talent and although I don't think his future is with us I really hope he finds a home some where because he deserves it. Nice to see Frolov on the score sheet and heartbroken to see Callahan go down as well as happy to see the captain back.

Also you should add this to the list of games we probably would have lost last year)

The night of hockey concluded with the HBO 24/7 Pitt Wash road to the classic or whatever it is titled. The program was really good and as I suspected but did have a familiar feel to it as comparisons could be drawn to the HBO program Hard Knocks. Surprisingly at least to me the show was not entirely about the Crosby Ov battle but rather at the teams as wholes where they have been, where they are, and where they hope to be. It took you inside the locker rooms and you got to get a real feel for what it is like. I love how they showed the family lifes and how they joke around (mainly in pitt as wash has nothing to joke about recently). The prank they did to the rookies was awesome. I love how we saw the caps get demolished by the Rangers in a different angle and get to hear what Boudreau said during his timeout because when Trautwig said something among the lines of I heard everything he said and I cant repeat any of them for the most part I was dying to know what he did say.

The rangers were present in the show just for the game but I think it gave us a real look at the Rangers as much a we could ask for at least. You heard Ovi and Dubi exchange "Good Job Buddy" after the fight which is something I don't think anyone saw or heard during the game or after. The fights were awesome as they showed the refs telling England and Orr to "finish the fight".

Overall it was a great watch for any fan of the sport and I hope they continue in this manner leading up to the winter classic and for the future classics as well.

Also next week should be gr8 as we get to see what was going on during tonights game as well as last nights for Pitt.