Rangers News: Some Gameday Notes

NEW YORK - NOVEMBER 14: Goalie Martin Biron #43 of the New York Rangers assists in cleaning hats off of the ice that were thrown by fans after Marian Gaborik of the Rangers scored his third goal of the game in the third period of a hockey game against the Edmonton Oilers at Madison Square Garden on November 14 2010 in New York City. (Photo by Paul Bereswill/Getty Images)

Martin Biron will start tonight against the Islanders, according to Jesse Spector over at the Daily News.

"We wanted him to play the first game," Tortorella said. "He’s been sitting, and it gives (Henrik Lundqvist) another day to work, and that’s basically what it is. He’s played well, and I don’t want to keep him out much longer. I want to get him back in."
Presumably, Biron will give way to backup Henrik Lundqvist tomorrow night at MSG.

For what its worth, Biron is 20-4-1 lifetime against the Islanders. He has more wins against them than any other team in the NHL. His career GAA vs. the Isles is an amazing 1.93

Also , Booger will be back in the lineup after missing three games with a shoulder strain.

DP in goal for the Fish Sticks. Ricky is 11-12-2 lifetime against the Rangers, with a GAA of 3.14. Dipietro will be playing in his 11th game of the season tonight, or two less than he has played the last two seasons combined. Only 11 years to go on that contract Islander fans, hang in there. I will be buying my four year old daughter a prom dress when that contract expires.

Derek Stepan has been working with Mark Messier again on his faceoffs: (Andrew Gross)

"My faceoffs (stink) right now," Stepan said. "I think it’s a mentality. Brian Boyle said to me it’s hard to win a faceoff when you’ve lost a couple in a row. It’s trying to find the right track. The last four four games I’ve been absolutely terrible. I’m overthinking it."

Joe previewed the home and home over at SB Nation NY

It should come as no surprise to you that the Rangers are one of the most profitable teams in the NHL, but also the second most valuable to the Toronto Maple Leafs.

As I am sure you have all heard, Sean Avery will be getting first line ice time with Marian Gaborik tonight. I am personally setting the over/under on shifts they take together at 6.

Puck Daddy is throwing a Viewing Party tomorrow night in NYC, the info can be found here.