FanPost

Nicknames

With all of the gloom and doom around here after the bad game in philly I feel like we need something to lighten the mood a bit and last night I sifting through an SI.com photo gallery of clever NHL nicknames and I realized that in todays game there aren't any real great nicknames around the NHL this day and age.

Every player's "nickname" (at least on the rangers), is their last name either shortened with an "i" or "y" at the end (e.g. Calli, Dubi, Staalsy (according to Torts)), or the last names are just shortened (Aves).

This got me thinking...what do you think would be a good nickname for the big faces on our team (Henrik, Staal, Dubinsky, Callahan, et al.)

Let's have some fun with this guys