Rangers News: Rangers Call Up Mats Zuccarello, Is Gaborik Injured?

Mats Zuccarello

In a move that I speculated might happen earlier last week, the New York Rangers have recalled Mats Zuccarello

Zuccarello has been on fire in Connecticut the past few weeks, and has really been working hard to improve all phases of his game. It will be interesting to see who he is paired with and what type of line combinations John Tortorella tries to fit him into.

UPDATE by Joe Fortunato: This just came through the twitter wire from our friend Jesse Spector

NYDNRangers   MDZ out for #NYR, but MZA up: Mats Zuccarello recalled from Connecticut. Wonder if that's a sign of how serious Gaborik's groin issue is.

For those of you who don't know, Marian Gaboik isn't skating today because of a "groin issue" which has been labeled as "a sore groin." Maybe it's a little worse than what we think?

Well, this just got interesting. Thoughts guys?