Todd White Sent To Connecticut

In relatively unsurprising news, the Rangers have sent Todd White to the AHL this afternoon. White was waived yesterday, the third time he was waived this season, and cleared today at noon. In 18 games this season, White has seen extremely limited ice time, notching a goal and an assist with a -2 rating. White was acquired in the offseason from the Atlanta Thrashers in exchange for Donald Brashear and Patrick Rissmiller. The trade was designed to get two dead weights, and locker room cancers in Hartford, off the Rangers roster. In essence, the Rangers did just that, even if White didn’t contribute much to the Rangers. White’s $2.375 million cap hit (roughly half that now) is also removed from the cap.

White is a character guy, and can hopefully take a mentoring role with the young forward prospects playing with the Whale. He is also set to be a UFA at the end of the season.