FanPost

Anisimov

Just a bit curious as to why Artem Anisimov is being punished. Sure he hasn't scored in a while, but he's still playing pretty well and he's like 3rd or 4th on our team in points. I don't understand how Torts is sending him a fucking message by constantly placing him on the 4th line with Boogaard, White, and whoever else is down there. Does he expect Anisimov to score 2 goals and get an assist by playing with those guys? I think our 4 centers (AA, Stepan, Boyle, Christensen) should get pretty much even playing time. They're all effective, they all contribute in different ways and have different styles to their game. I mean like they should all get around 15min, give or take a few depending on how they're playing, matchups, and how well their line mates are playing.

I don't know this is kind of a rant that pisses me off because AA is a good player and for some reason Torts places this kid on the 4th line because he isn't "producing", placing him there isn't going to get him started up again. I hate the way Torts handles himself with young players, or just certain players in general. At least he finally gave Avery a chance, and look what happened. Avery was clicking with Gaborik and he got 3 assists.

Just give Anisimov a chance, that's all I'm getting at.