Christensen Hurt; Weise Called Up

As per Andrew Gross, Erik Christensen sprained his right knee during the second period of last night’s game. Christensen was pushed through the crease on a powerplay and did not return to the game. It is unlikely that he will make the trip to Florida this weekend when the Rangers take on Tampa Bay and Florida over the weekend in their first games of 2011.

Dale Weise was called up immediately after the game for the Rangers to replace Christensen. Weise had a very impressive first game with the Rangers against the Flyers. In just under seven minutes of ice time, Weise had a goal waived off, won a fight, had a shot on goal, and finished with an even rating. Expect Weise to be with the Rangers until Christensen is better, or until Vinny Prospal returns from injury.