FanPost

Christensen: Sprained MCL - out 4-6 weeks

Sather Press Release on Eric Christensen (Link)

Eric Christensen was put on IR and will be out 4 to 6 weeks.

Until Prospal and Callahan are ready to dress, that leaves the NYR with exactly 12 healthy forwards. The scuttlebutt has Todd White not being placed on re-entry waivers - so it would appear that Zuke and Weise get a pretty extended chance to prove their abilities at the NHL level.

If someone else goes down - who gets called up? It might depend on who gets hurt and the teams being played in the next couple of games - but it might make sense to look for someone with a similar skill set - possibly Tim Kennedy or Chad Kolarik (though neither appears to have the raw talent that E.C. has).

Thoughts ?