FanPost

Chris Kreider: Another Slow Start, Another Big Finish?

Yesterday in talking about the New York Rangers team I talked about patterns of performance that are evident when they play, well apparently at least for the rest of the year those patterns of repeating their history apply to top prospect Chris Kreider.  Kreider the 2009 1st round pick started his sophomore year slowly just like in his Freshman campaign, but he has been to heat up and is percolating after last night's game against rival Boston University.  We are going to look back on Kreider to see why at times he has made Rangers fans, including myself, at times and why he has proven over his time since the draft why a slow start should not worry us just as a different New Yorker in another sport seems to do each year.

When Chris Kreider was drafted just over 17 months ago I was not completely sold on the pick, but I reserved judgment because it was who Gordie Clark wanted.  The reason for not being sold on the pick was because in every scouting report I had read the concern was about the level of competition he had played against in high school and whether he would be able to translate his prowess against higher levels.  The biggest strength according to those reports was about his tremendous speed and here I was jaded by Rangers drafts of the past picturing a combination of Lauri Korpiskoski and soon to be ex Ranger Freddie Sjostrom as fast guys that never developed a finish if you pardon the pun.

In the rest of the article I go through the details of the ups and downs or downs and then ups as it would be in Kreiders case and reveal which New York pro athlete it reminds me most of.  Stop by and take a look.

http://bleedingallblue.blogspot.com/2010/12/rangers-propsect-chris-kreider-another.html

Also Rangers fans since we do not play tonight there is no reason not to unless you do not get CBS College Sports channel to watch the second game of the back-to-back of Kreider's Eagles against their rivals Boston University at 730 PM this evening.